In my LinkedIn training sessions, I spend a lot of time encouraging users to connect only with people they already know. (Why? Read the first bullet point of this post.) As a result, I’m often asked how to delete connections that never should have been added in the first place. Here’s how:
1. Log in to your LinkedIn account.
2. Click on “Contacts” in the menu and click on “Connections.”
3. Click on “Remove Connections” in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Click on the individual connections you want to remove (scroll through the alphabet on the left to browse by last name), then click the blue “Remove Connections” button
5. Be sure to confirm your deletions when prompted.
That’s it. If there’s anything you’d like to know about LinkedIn, let me know in the comments, and I’ll be happy to help.