For those of you who know me well, the next sentence will sound like big news:
I won’t be posting about LinkedIn on this blog much–if at all–in the future.
No, LinkedIn and I aren’t in a fight. This change is the result of somewhat big news for me: starting Monday, I’m launching a new blog called The LinkedInstitute, which will focus on JUST LinkedIn. The truth is, while I still have a huge interest in all things marketing, communication, and social media, one of my goals in 2013 is to focus, and one of the areas I’ve chosen to focus on is LinkedIn.
What does this mean for you,Content reader? A few things:
- If you like posts about LinkedIn, there will be even more of ’em–just not here
- If you don’t like posts about LinkedIn, there will be even less of ’em here, and probably not much other than the occasional cross-post or mention as it related to other topics
- Fewer posts to Content altogether. The goal is focus, not more posts for posts’ sake.
All of this is tied to a couple other things I’ll be working on this coming year:
- A series of training sessions in partnership with the Indiana Data Center and the 620 West Conference Center called, not coincidentally, The LinkedInstitute. As long demand shows it’s worth doing, we’ll be presenting sessions (some free, some for a fee) designed to help professionals make better use of LinkedIn. You can learn more about those, of course, on The LinkedInstitute.
- A book about LinkedIn for those who want to leverage it to grow their business or grow in their careers. I hope to have it done by mid-year.
As the Brady Bunch Kids so eloquently said, “When it’s time to change, then its time to change.” So, thanks for reading Content and I hope to see you here for a long time to come. As always, if you have any suggestions for posts–either here or on The LinkedInstitute–I’d love to hear from you. Thanks for reading!